The Lofts at Bella Vista was a renovation and conversion completed by PZS Architects. Built in 1911 and originally used as a five-story warehouse and publishing facility for Curtis Publishing Company, the building is located in the heart of historic South Philadelphia. In designing the new complex, PZS Architects inserted interstitial mezzanines on each floor, giving each unit two floors of living space.
This 198,000 sf, $25-million project also features a ground level lobby and greeting spaces, fitness center, conference room and will contain 78 parking spaces and loading facilities located in heated garages.
These units range from 1,000 sf one bedrooms, to 2,500 sf penthouses. In addition, eight new ultra-modern villas, each with three levels of terraces and green roofs overlooking the city, are being constructed on the existing roof.